Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful soup, creamy and warm with just a hint of curry, it's quite enjoyable.
Make and share this Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml garlic, crushed
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock or 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 828.06 ml sweet potatoes, diced
- 22.18 ml honey
- 44.37 ml low-fat sour cream or 44.37 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, cauliflower, stock, sweet potatoesand honey and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 25minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and purée until creamy and smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and thin with more stock ifdesired.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.
So, so easy and oh so delicious!! I added just a 1/2 teaspoon more of curry but otherwise followed the recipe. I also just lightly pureed with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks of veggies for substance. This one is going to the top of curry dishes!!!!!
Definitely needed more curry to my taste (I used 3X). The quality of the spices you use will make a huge difference. I did not have enough sweet potatoes so I also used butternut squash. I added red lentils to get some proteins. Easy, quick and totally worth making. Gave it a 4 only because it needs some adjustments for the flavours.
This was super tasy and very fast and simple to make. I used my immersion blender, and the followed the recipe exactly. I'll be making this one again, thanks for posting kelly in TO!