Recipe by kelly in TO
This is a wonderful soup, creamy and warm with just a hint of curry, it's quite enjoyable.
Top Review by mindynicole7
So, so easy and oh so delicious!! I added just a 1/2 teaspoon more of curry but otherwise followed the recipe. I also just lightly pureed with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks of veggies for substance. This one is going to the top of curry dishes!!!!!
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml garlic, crushed
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock or 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 828.06 ml sweet potatoes, diced
- 22.18 ml honey
- 44.37 ml low-fat sour cream or 44.37 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, cauliflower, stock, sweet potatoesand honey and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 25minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and purée until creamy and smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and thin with more stock ifdesired.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.