Recipe by kelly in TO
This is a wonderful soup, creamy and warm with just a hint of curry, it's quite enjoyable.
Top Review by mindynicole7
So, so easy and oh so delicious!! I added just a 1/2 teaspoon more of curry but otherwise followed the recipe. I also just lightly pureed with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks of veggies for substance. This one is going to the top of curry dishes!!!!!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, cauliflower, stock, sweet potatoesand honey and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 25minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and purée until creamy and smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and thin with more stock ifdesired.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.