- 1 large cauliflower, in florets
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water until crisp tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter, whisk in flour and salt.
- Stir until bubbly, then gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and pour sauce over cauliflower in baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter, add bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over casserole, then top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.