Recipe by Honeybeee
A different and quite exotic way of serving this popular vegetable. So appetizing does it look and taste that it could become your main course. So go dress it up!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Loved this cauliflower dish, did cut it into florets and added a bit more yoghurt and some vegetable stock to get more sauce. I added the lemon together with the yoghurt. Liked the chilies for the spicyness and being a cheese lover I probably used a bit more then the amount given in the recipe.
- 1 medium cauliflower (approx 1 lb)
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 piece ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt, well beaten
- green chili, sliced lengthwise,to taste
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely cut
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cauliflower well and cut off the hard stalk and leaves, leaving only a flattened portion at the base so that the cauliflower can'sit' comfortably.
- Put in a shallow microwave-safe dish and microwave at HIGH (or 100% power) for 6-8 mins.
- Alternately, steam the vegetable in a large vessel till cooked (approx 10 mins).
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok/frypan.
- Drop in the onions and ginger and continue to cook till onions turn a pale brown.
- Add tomatoes, chillies yogurt and all the spices.
- Continue cooking till the fat starts to separate from the tomato-onion mixture.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Pour this mixture over the cauliflower, stuffing between the florets as far as possible.
- Set aside till ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on the cauliflower and grill for 8 mins or till cheese is melted and bubbly and the vegetable is heated through.