- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz (or equivalent)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean and section cauliflower, steam until tender.
- Make White Sauce: Brown mushrooms and green peppers in butter over medium heat, do NOT caramelize. Blend in flour, milk, and salt - cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- In 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, place half of cauliflower, then cover with half of white sauce, then with half of cheese/pimentos. Repeat with second layer.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes.