Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- Wash, drain, and cut cauliflower into 1 inch flowerets, including stem.
- Combine chili powder, ginger, tomato, green chili, tumeric with the yogurt in A small bowl.
- Spray with pam, use nonstick pan, use a little water, whatever you do to nonstick yourself.
- Put cauliflower into pan then pour spices over the top.
- Cover pan tightly and cook over LOW heat for 10-15 minutes (Cauliflower will steam in the spicy mixture).
- Stir in half the cilantro leaves, increase heat to medium, and cook with lid off, for another 5-6 minutes, to drive off excess moisture.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with garam masala and remaining cilantro.
- Make sure all liquid is driven off.
- Serve with basmati rice.