Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is inspired by a workmate who makes this all the time to use up her leftover spinach. We tried it and it's really good - it even got my picky other half to eat spinach because the flavour was hidden by the cauli and cheese. Ingredient amounts are estimates - really you can use as much or as little spinach as you like. I use a handful but the idea is to get rid of whatever needs eating up! You can either do this with a proper cheese sauce, or you can just grate some cheese on top if you're in a rush. I'm posting the quick way...
- 6 cauliflower florets
- Baby Spinach (a handful of or whatever needs using up)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese (your choice, we've used cheddar and mexicana and both taste great)
- Pre-heat oven to 200c.
- Steam or boil the cauliflower for approximately 5 mins until part-cooked.
- Cut the spinach into strips (this makes it easier to separate) and blanche.
- If you have more time and would prefer to make a proper cheese sauce then make a roux to your desired consistency (using flour, butter and milk) and add the cheese.
- Fling all three ingredients into an oven-safe bowl and mix well.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cauliflower has cooked and the cheese is nice and melted.
- Serve immediately.