Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I rounded up some recipes today to use my various truffle oils with. I haven't tried this one yet. Bacon gives this soup added oomph and truffle oil makes it special. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly; cover and chill. Rewarm before continuing.
- 2 ounces apple-smoked bacon, chopped (about 2 1/2 slices)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups cauliflower (1-inch pieces)
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or more)
- pecorino romano cheese (a 3/4-inch cube plus additional cheese shavings for serving)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- white truffle oil (for drizzling) or black truffle oil (for drizzling)
- Sauté bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown and some fat renders.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, 3 1/2 cups broth, and cheese cube.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in processor.
- Return to same pan.
- Add cream and bring soup to simmer.
- Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese shavings; drizzle with truffle oil.