Recipe by JustEmma
This comes from the 'Soup Kitchen' book and is wonderful for the autumn. It's beautifully creamy and warming and has become one of our household's staple soups. This goes with my Spiced Pear Relish recipe - you simply put a dollop of warm relish on top when serving.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 7 ounces dolcelatte (very creamy blue cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the cauliflower, discarding outer stems so you retain just the florets.
- Melt butter in a large pan, add the shallots and cook until transparent. Then add the garlic, thyme and cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and white pepper, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Crumble the Dolcelatte into the soup, add the cream and then puree in a blender. Return to pan, adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of Spiced Pear Relish on top.