This comes from the 'Soup Kitchen' book and is wonderful for the autumn. It's beautifully creamy and warming and has become one of our household's staple soups. This goes with my Spiced Pear Relish recipe - you simply put a dollop of warm relish on top when serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the cauliflower, discarding outer stems so you retain just the florets.
- 2Melt butter in a large pan, add the shallots and cook until transparent. Then add the garlic, thyme and cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Season with salt and white pepper, add the chicken stock, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- 4Crumble the Dolcelatte into the soup, add the cream and then puree in a blender. Return to pan, adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of Spiced Pear Relish on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Soup With Dolcelatte
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: