Recipe by jackandfiona
I've posted this in response to a request for WW low point soup. This is taken from the WW Family Faves cookbook. This recipe serves 4 and has a points value of 2 pts per serve.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
I thought this recipe was very bland. It didn't have much flavor to it. I wouldn't know what spices to add to it to give it flavor, so I ended up throwing it away. I would be interested if there would be some adjustments for this recipe.
- 4 slices white bread
- 500 g cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg Celsius.
- Cut the slices of bread into cubes and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 5 mins or until crisp and golden.
- While the croutons are baking, place the cauliflower, potato and onion in a large pan.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and gently simmer for 10 mins or until potato is tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add the skim milk.
- Reheat and ladle into warm bowls.
- Scatter with the chives and croutons.
- ** A review of this recipe says it is bland. You could add 1 tsp garlic and 1/4 tsp ground cumin or 1 tsp whole cumin seed, OR 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, OR grated tasty cheese or parmesan cheese at the time of serving.