Recipe by Tracey_B
Weight Watchers soup that is 2 points.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very nice texture after blending. This is a great basic recipe, but as written it is very bland. It's certainly something fixable without adding fat or calories. I went back and added smoked paprika, some salt and pepper and a little dill. I think many other herbs and spices could be added to suit your tastes. Parsley, tarragon, mustard powder, curry powder, etc. You can really individualize this soup and still keep the calories down. Thanx for the starting point!
- 4 slices white bread
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Cut the slices of bread into cubes and coat lightly with cooking spray. Place on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Reserve.
- While the croutons are baking, place the cauliflower, potato and onion in a large pan. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Return to the pan and add the skim milk. Reheat and ladle into warm bowls. Scatter with the chives and the croutons.