1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Soup With Crispy Prosciutto and Parmesan
1 hr 30 mins
In 'Sunday Soup' by Betty Rosbottom
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts only (4-5 medium leeks)
- 12 cups cauliflower florets (from 2 large heads, about 2 pounds each)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Melt the butter in a big soup pot, set over med-high heat.
- 2Add in leeks; saute/stirring, until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add in cauliflower florets, chicken stock, and cayenne pepper; bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally; then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cover pot.
- 4Cook until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Puree the soup in batches in a food processor, blender, or food mill, and return soup to pot (or use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot).
- 6Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese and the creme fraiche; taste the soup and season with salt if needed (the soup can be made 2 days ahead; cool, cover, and refrigerate; reheat over medium heat).
- 7Cut the prosciutto into julienne strips 3-4 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.
- 8Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; when hot, add the prosciutto, saute/stir occasionally, until crisp and browned, for 4-5 minutes.
- 9Using slotted spoon, transfer prosciutto to paper towels to drain.
- 10To serve--ladle soup into 6 soup bowls; sprinkle each serving with some prosciutto, chopped parsley, and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Soup With Crispy Prosciutto and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 796.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: