Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Everything Nordic Cookbook comes this yummy soup recipe.
Make and share this Cauliflower Soup With Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, thick-cut, fried and crumbled
- Saute the garlic and leek in butter until translucent.
- Pour in vegetable broth; add cauliflower florets.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Transfer 1 cup of broth to bowl; whisk in cornstarch or potato starch flour to make a slurry; set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup in the pot until creamy.
- Whisk the slurry into the pot and heat; fold in blue cheese and parsley.
- Simmer for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and additional blue cheese to serve.
Wow. Simply wonderful soup. DH, who never wants to express a rating opinion, insists I give it five stars... and I concur! The flavor and texture of the soup is amazing. We tasted it before adding the thickening and it was perfect as it was. Adding the thickening changed it somewhat and we won't use it in the future. The soup is very rich and you don't need a big bowlful unless you want to tempt cardiac fate! It would be the perfect starter for a dinner party. Thanks so much for posting a wonderful recipe! Made for team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9.
Made as written for the Goddesses of ZWT-9 (except for the addition of lemon pepper & croutons) & I can testify this recipe makes a great bowl of soup! It is delicious, ingredient-friendly & an incredibly easy-fix. The flavor of the blue cheese is prominent, but not overly so. The soup tastes creamed w/o cream added except what might be in the cheese. AND the finishing touch of the crisped bacon added a salty textural crunch to further please the palate. Thx for sharing this outstanding recipe w/us. :-)
Wonderful soup... Message from DS..Keep the recipe. The bleu cheese flavor really stands out, and will be kept. Liked the bacon/ blue cheese mixture too. A great soup for a really cold night here. Went real well with a broccoli/cauliflower casserole we had for dinner tonight. Made for FYC.