Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sourced once again from a delicious Donna Hay recipe - we have made the basic soup recipe and made changes - sometimes adding fried Chorizo, sometimes leaving the soup plain and serving with sourdough bread. Make your mind up depending on what takes your fancy or what you have in the fridge to save! We tried this recipe again tonight, but left out the blue cheese and oregano and substituted - 2 teaspoons of paprika and one cup of cheddar cheese - yum again!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs oregano, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 900 g cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 160 g blue cheese
- sea salt and black pepper
- 250 ml single cream
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Add the cauliflower and potato and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to the boil. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until potato and cauliflower are tender.
- Add half the cheese, salt and pepper to taste and, using a hand blender, process until smooth.
- Stir through the cream and oregano.
- Top with remaining cheese, crumbled, to serve.