Recipe by pammyowl
Popular throughout Scandinavia The danes like to add a shot of sherry!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a delicious creamy soup which makes a really nice lunch all on it's own or with a sandwich or salad. I did add additional salt, pepper and a dash (or two) of cayenne. Will definitely make again and will always remember "Pammy" when I make it. Made for Pammyowl's Cook-A-Thon, November, 2013.
- 2 cups water
- 1 head cauliflower, 1-1/2 lbs., separated into flowerets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk, your choice, I prefer milk
- nutmeg (optional)
- sherry wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 2 cups water to boiling, add cauliflower and onion. Cook until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Do not drain. Blend with an immersion blender or in a regular blender until smooth.
- Heat butter in a three quart saucepan until bubbly, add flour, salts and pepper, cook and stir for one minute. Remove from heat, stir in the last cup of water and the bouillon, return to stove, heat to boiling, stirring constantly for one minute. Add cauliflower mixture, heat to just boiling, slowly add 1/2 and 1/2. Heat just until hot.
- Sprinkle each bowl with a touch of nutmeg, optional.