Recipe by Tisme
Serve this one with warm crusty bread..........mmmmm lovely!
Top Review by Gerry
Early May was not only cold but saw to white stuff falling - what could be better then a bowl of of creamy delicious tasting soup. This soup is just that, wonderfully creamy with plenty of old fashioned taste! Served with mini loaves of French Tart's recipe#340621made for a lovely evening meal. Simmered up a second pot using broccoli and guess what - it was just as good. Thank you for sharing, it's in my soup file for sure. Made for AUZ/NZ Swap.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 liter water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated to serve
- parsley, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4-5 tablespoons of the oil in a pan, add onion and cook for a few minutes until just golden. Add potatoes, cook 2 minutes more and add water. and milk. Crumble in the stock cubes and simmer stock until potatoes are tender. Place aside to cool.
- Melt the butter and remaining oil deep saucepan, add the crushed garlic, parsley and cauliflower florets. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, moisten with 3 tablespoons of the hot stock and reduce the heat.
- Put potato mix into a blender or food processor and blend, when processed return to the rinsed out saucepan and add the caulifower mixture and leave for a few minutes for the flavours to blend.
- Serve hot topped with parmesan cheese and parsely.