Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve this one with warm crusty bread..........mmmmm lovely!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 liter water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated to serve
- parsley, to serve
- Heat 4-5 tablespoons of the oil in a pan, add onion and cook for a few minutes until just golden. Add potatoes, cook 2 minutes more and add water. and milk. Crumble in the stock cubes and simmer stock until potatoes are tender. Place aside to cool.
- Melt the butter and remaining oil deep saucepan, add the crushed garlic, parsley and cauliflower florets. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, moisten with 3 tablespoons of the hot stock and reduce the heat.
- Put potato mix into a blender or food processor and blend, when processed return to the rinsed out saucepan and add the caulifower mixture and leave for a few minutes for the flavours to blend.
- Serve hot topped with parmesan cheese and parsely.
Early May was not only cold but saw to white stuff falling - what could be better then a bowl of of creamy delicious tasting soup. This soup is just that, wonderfully creamy with plenty of old fashioned taste! Served with mini loaves of French Tart's Our Daily Bread in a Crock - Weekly Make and Bake Rustic Breadmade for a lovely evening meal. Simmered up a second pot using broccoli and guess what - it was just as good. Thank you for sharing, it's in my soup file for sure. Made for AUZ/NZ Swap.
A tasty soup on a chilly night. :) We served this with Cheese and Ham Scrolls. I did cut back on the cauliflower and only used 1/2 head as it was a very big head. I also doubled the potatoes, chicken cubes and garlic and threw in some grated carrots. I took some soup to my elderly clients and they absolutely loved it! Thanks so much for sharing! Made for the January 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
I've never had cauliflower soup before so this was a first for me. Beautiful! I used a vegetarian chicken stock powder so my youngest DD could also enjoy this tasty soup. I made as directed but pureed the whole soup and added about another 1/2 cup milk. Topping it with rustic garlic croutons. Made for Aussie Ed'n #8 Make my recipe tag game.