Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is best when it's eaten the same day it's cooked. I believe it's taken from Cooking Light, but not positive.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups cauliflower (florets, about 1 head)
- 3 cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion.
- Cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, carrot and caraway seeds.
- Cook 6 minutes or until cauliflower begins to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
Souper! ;) For such a low-fat soup, it's wonderful. The caraway seeds really add a great flavor. After I took the photograph, I used my stick blender and just whizzed it in the pot for 2 - 3 seconds. The soup thickened just a little bit from the partial puree. I'm going to do that whenever I make it.... just personal texture preference. Thanx for posting this!