Recipe by StaciKelemen
Really good winter warm-up recipe. Can be done with or without meat.
Top Review by woodland hues
Great soup for a cool, rainy day. Easy, fun to make. Didn't have carrots in the house, used celery instead, and added some fresh spinach leaves nearer to the end of cooking. Chose sausage this first time. Simply a winner!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 carrot, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 sausages or 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and chop off as much of the stems as possible using mostly the flowers.
- Chop up onion and carrot.
- Put cauliflower, onion and carrot into a pot and add just enough water to simmer vegetables. Add chicken stock cube. Simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Put vegetables and some stock into crockpot, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and milk (just enough to make it creamy, approx 1/2 cup).
- In frying pan cook sausage/bacon in small pieces. I take sausage out of casing. Drain fat and pat as much grease off as possible. Add to crockpot.
- Leave on low for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley 1/2 hour before serving.
- Top off with grated cheese.