Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Really good winter warm-up recipe. Can be done with or without meat.
Make and share this Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and chop off as much of the stems as possible using mostly the flowers.
- Chop up onion and carrot.
- Put cauliflower, onion and carrot into a pot and add just enough water to simmer vegetables. Add chicken stock cube. Simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Put vegetables and some stock into crockpot, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and milk (just enough to make it creamy, approx 1/2 cup).
- In frying pan cook sausage/bacon in small pieces. I take sausage out of casing. Drain fat and pat as much grease off as possible. Add to crockpot.
- Leave on low for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley 1/2 hour before serving.
- Top off with grated cheese.
Great soup for a cool, rainy day. Easy, fun to make. Didn't have carrots in the house, used celery instead, and added some fresh spinach leaves nearer to the end of cooking. Chose sausage this first time. Simply a winner!
Made this soup last night in the crockpot for today's meal. Great taste! Nice creamy texture because I put the vegetable through a small chopper, so they are very small. I also added mushrooms to the mix because I had some left over that needed to be used. Didn't have any mushroom soup, so I used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup (then added the mushrooms). I didn't think there was quit enough liquid, so I ended up adding some more milk (used 1% milk to reduce the fat content). Also used turkey bacon. This soup is really tasty and even my teenage daughter likes it. Definitely will be making it again! Thanks for the recipe :)