Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006, this popular Scandinavian soup can be served warm or chilled and can be accented with a few spoonfuls of Madeira wine put into the individual servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium head cauliflower, seperated into flowerets (about 1 to 1/ 12 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat two cups water to boiling in large saucepan; add cauliflower and onions; heat back to boiling then reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about ten minutes; do not drain.
- Pour everything into blender container (may have to do this in more than one batch) and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Heat butter in large saucepan until melted; stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir for one minute.
- Stirin cauliflower mixture, bouillon, celery salt, salt and pepper; heat just to boiling.
- Stir in half and half; heat just until hot, do not reboil.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg.