Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy soup for the health conscience person.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, coarsley chopped
- 6 -8 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried savory or 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a heavy kettle, melt butter.
- Add oil.
- Add onion, scallions, and garlic.
- Add celery and cauliflower.
- Add seasonings.
- Mix well and cook, un-covered, over medium heat for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water and Miso.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove cover and cool slightly.
- Puree in small increments in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Reheat, adding nutmeg, if desired.
Excellent soup! I didn't change a thing. For the curry I used hot madras curry, and I used marjoram, not savory. Thanks for sharing!
Made for I've Saved All These Recipes Tag Game / Diabetes Forum