Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Cheddar and dash of cayenne make this different. It's from a community cookbook.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into flowerettes, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter, can use margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 dash cayenne, to taste
- In a pot, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Gradually add in milk and cook over low heat until thick; stirring often.
- Add salt, cayenne and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and add eggs, stirring.
- Add the cauliflower and mix gently.
- Pour ingredients into a baking dish and bake at 300 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15.
Had 1/2 head from previous prep, so made 1/2 recipe ! Very tasty and easy prep. I steamed the cauliflower for @ 10 minutes, and placed it in butter-sprayed casserole. Poured the cheese sauce over the top and baked for 1 1/4 hours -- was perfect ! Thanks for posting, Oolala
Deeeelicious! It's fluffy and cheesey, but not "eggy." I used sharp cheddar. I baked it at 325 for about 55 minutes. It was perfect. This would be pretty with some paprika sprinkled on top. I''ll be sure to make this again. Thanx!