Abby Girl's Note:
I got this recipe from Vancouver's author/chef/firefighter David Veljacic. This recipe has an East Indian flair that is quite enjoyable...definately a different way to prepare cauliflower. Prepare everything before hand for that last minute cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cauliflower, cleaned and cut into medium florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 large garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat the butter and olive oil in a medium skilllet. Saute the ginger and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the turmeric and saute until the mixture turns to bright yellow.
- 2Add the cauliflower and shake and stir, making sure to coat all the florets.
- 3Stir in the coriander, cumin, paprika, mustard, pepper and salt. Sprinkle with 2 T of water and cover with a tight fitting lid. Add more water if needed.
- 4When the steam has built, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and saute until all the moisture has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Sauteed With Spices
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 396.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g