Recipe by Semi-Veg Sara
The age old question - what to do with cauliflower? This is a fabulous sandwich filling reminicent of egg salad. Delicious with sliced tomatoes or bits of broccoli added, and great stuffed into a pita. Also great on whole wheat toast. Healthy too!
Top Review by J-Lynn
The first day or so this wasn't too bad, although I did need to add horseradish and more mustard, and served with pickle. It's sort of bland. But after just a few days in the fridge the cauliflower taste was just so strong, I couldn't even finish it. I was really hoping I had a good vegetarian sandwich filling, but this didn't work for me.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons regular mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- 1 slice whole wheat bread or 1 slice pita bread
- sliced red onion (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and chop the cauliflower into small pieces. Steam in vegetable steamer or microwave until tender (about 5-8 minutes for small chunks).
- Drain cauliflower well. Place in bowl and mash with potato masher until crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Season to taste.
- Spread filling onto whole wheat vegan bread or stuff into pita. Garnish with tomato slices (or any other vegetable you like on sandwiches).