Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
What can I say... a delicious way to eat cauliflower !
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 whole head blanched)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs (boiled & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon (juice)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zests
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh & chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- CAULIFLOWER FLORETS:.
- Plunge cauliflower florets in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Plunge florets in icing water, drain and let dry.
- Mix together, lemon juice and sugar until sugar disolves.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon zests, olive oil, yellow mustard, salt and pepper,mix well.
- Add onions, chives, cranberries and chopped eggs to cauliflower florets, pour vinaigrette and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
This was a very good salad, and just different enough to make it interesting. I followed the recipe exactly with three small changes. Instead of using salt and pepper, I used garlic salt and lemon pepper, and I added a couple of dashes of Frank's Hot Sauce. I'll definitely be making this one again. Thanks so much for posting, Chouny!
Made for my husband to eat with his summer grilling. Much enjoyed! I used fat-free mayo as well. I really appreciate the directions on cooking the cauliflower, it turned out just perfect.
A very delicious way to eat cauliflower, indeed! Loved the sweetened taste with the tang of the lemon and zest. Just enough dressing to enhance rather than overpower. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Chouny. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.