Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cauliflower makes a great substitute for potato for low carb. This recipe is adapted from Paula Deen's potato salad recipe, and tastes best after being chilled for a few hours.
- 1 whole cauliflower, steamed and florets chopped into chunks
- 6 slices turkey bacon or 6 slices smoked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 -5 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 4 hardboiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine ingredients and chill before serving.
I'm gonna tell boss man about this one.Would sell at the restaurant
It's a great idea.. and I kind of liked this and kind of didn't like it. It really smells strongly of cauliflower when you take the lid off of it. I would suggest taking the lid off outside and then bringing the salad inside. It tastes ok... but jeez.. that first whiff is enough to make you not want to put it into your mouth.
Great recipe for those on low-carb programs! I made only a few changes based on what I had on hand. Omitted bacon & substituted low fat yogurt for sour cream to save calories. Used minced red onion vs scallions and added a pinch of celery seed for added flavor - DELISH!