Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my friend Judy, who got this from another friend. She raves about it. The bacon scares me off, but maybe I'll try it one day......It would be a good thing to take to a potluck.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets,blanched and cooled
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Tear up the lettuce, and place on bottom of a large bowl.
- Place cooled florets on top.
- Cover with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Put crumbled bacon on top of this layer.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Put green onions on the next layer.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with a lid until ready to serve.
- Toss everything together when ready to eat.
This recipe is fabulous....I've been making it for years so was thrilled to see it on this site that I had to give it a 5 star rating. It is so very simple that you might not think this could be so delicious. Just be sure the cauliflower is in bite sizes to make it easy to eat. I use a 9x13 pan rather than a bowl. The only thing different is I mix the parmesan cheese with the mayo before spreading it on the cauliflower. The bacon makes it wonderful and a real guy pleaser. And, it stores beautifully in the refrigerator overnight and that's why it's important to spread the mayo on the cauliflower and not on the lettuce. There are never any leftovers from this salad. Thanks, Sudie.
This is the recipe I use, only I use one medium chopped onion and 1 whole cup parmesan cheese. It's a great recipe and the flavors mix so well together!! It's best if made night before so all flavors can blend. I love this recipe!!!