1/2 Photos of Cauliflower Salad
8 hrs 30 mins
When I was pregnant with first DD,26 years ago, my favorite aunt made this salad almost every week for me because I craved it so much! I don't know where Aunt Grace got the recipe but it sure has been well used for many years! I still make it at least once a month! It will last for several days in the 'frig( if I don't totally devour it faster). The only hard part of the recipe is breaking the cauliflower into VERY small florets because the smaller you break them the better the salad turns out! Cook time is really time for salad to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- mediun head cauliflower, broken into very small florets
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 3 celery ribs, julienne sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh celery leaves
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1In a large bowl, mix vegetables and olives, not celery leaves.
- 2In a covered blender, at high speed, blend celery leaves and remaining ingredients, until celery leaves are just tiny,little flecks.
- 3Pour over vegetables,toss to mix well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate.
- 5Do early in the day or the night before, to allow flavors to properly meld.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives