When I was pregnant with first DD,26 years ago, my favorite aunt made this salad almost every week for me because I craved it so much! I don't know where Aunt Grace got the recipe but it sure has been well used for many years! I still make it at least once a month! It will last for several days in the 'frig( if I don't totally devour it faster). The only hard part of the recipe is breaking the cauliflower into VERY small florets because the smaller you break them the better the salad turns out! Cook time is really time for salad to marinate.
- mediun head cauliflower, broken into very small florets
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 3 celery ribs, julienne sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed fresh celery leaves
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables and olives, not celery leaves.
- In a covered blender, at high speed, blend celery leaves and remaining ingredients, until celery leaves are just tiny,little flecks.
- Pour over vegetables,toss to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Do early in the day or the night before, to allow flavors to properly meld.