Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a potato salad recipe that use cauliflower in place of potatoes. This can be vegetarian as the bacon is optional. This is best chilled 24 hours.
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower, eggs, onion, dill pickles, and bacon (if using) to the dressing and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- The longer the cauliflower salad chills, the better the flavor.
I thought this was okay, but I'd rather have regular potato salad. If you're trying to avoid potatoes, then this is a decent substitute.
I was a little hesitant about the raw cauliflower, and I must admit to thinking about just steaming it a little, but thought....follow the directions as written, and I am so glad I did leave it raw!
Although I used grainy mustard as I was not sure which type to use, and also left out the bacon, the recipe was followed as written and ........I loved it, the rest of the family were very hesistant but they did try it.
I must admit I was the only one truly over the moon with this recipe ..... I just loved it!
Ahh well, that mean's I get to enjoy more of it!
The more time this salad chills the better it taste's!
Thanks for a great recipe Debbwl.
Perfection! That's all I can say!