Recipe by Tina A
I have yet to make this, but I insisted on getting the recipe from the woman at my former work who brought it on one of our many pot luck days. This dish was devoured fast....before the candy, before the krispy kremes even. (I'm guessing on measurements. She served it in a large rectangular cake dish. Her instructions say "layer of lettuce, layer of chopped onion, layer of cauliflower".)
- 1 head lettuce (chopped into thin strips)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped fine)
- 1 onion (chopped very fine, so fine I didn't even notice them)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb crisp bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix the dressing by combining the miracle whip & sugar in a bowl. Store in the fridge.
- In a rectangular casserole/cake dish spread the lettuce on the bottom.
- Make a layer of onion on top of the lettuce.
- Make a layer of the cauliflower over the onions.
- Just before you are ready to serve it, mix the dressing with the salad. Top with the cheese, then the crumbled bacon.