Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. A simple salad for lunch or as a light dinner with some bread and a fruit yoghurt as a dessert.
For the salad
- 453.59 g cauliflower, in 2 1/2 x 1 inch flowerets (about 1/2 medium head)
- 22.18 ml parsley, minced
- 7.39-14.79 ml chili pepper, seeded and minced
For the dressing
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard, country-style
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 0.25 ml pepper
- Cook cauliflower in salted water until tender crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain and drop in a bowl of cold water to cool quickly. Drain.
- While cauliflower cooks, mince parsley and chili. Mix all dressing ingredients except oil until well blended, mix in oil and taste. Dressing should have a nice tang but not be too acidic. Add more sugar if nessecary.
- Toss cauliflower with parsley, chili and dressing in a large salad bowl. To allow flavors to blend let salad rest for at least 15 minutes before serving or keep in the fridge up to 24 hours. Serve at room temperature.
I love it when a recipe proves my sceptical self wrong. This one definitely proved me wrong. The dressing was great and is something I would like to try over a variety of different salads. I wasn't sure what type of chili pepper to use so I used a jalepeno I had on hand. Thanks for sharing
Another great recipe Inge! I did let this marinate overnite and added a bit more dijon mustard, my favorite. I could make a meal out of just this salad.
Mmmm Yummy salad! We especially love the dressing, this is the second dressing from your salad recipes that we fell in love with and will be using on other things. Great taste and really complimented the cauliflower. Thanks for sharing a delicious salad we will be making again!