1/4 Photos of Cauliflower Rye Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
Yeah, I know this looks a little odd, but it's really good. "Sundays at Moosewood" describes it as a baked cheese fondue...I suppose that's pretty accurate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The beer needs to be flat for this recipe, so pour it out and let it sit for about an hour before you start cooking.
- 2Toast the bread cubes in one layer at 300 f until they're crisp. This will probably take 15 minutes.
- 3Saute the cauliflower and caraway seeds in the butter until barely tender.
- 4Combine bread cubes, cauliflower, and grated cheese, then spread in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 5Blend remaining ingredients (including that beer) and pour over the cauliflower.
- 6Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes, until puffed up.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Rye Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.1
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 330.7 mg
- Sodium 771.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: