Recipe by EarlsWife
My husband is on a diet this Valentine season and I wanted to make him a healthy, but still tasty meal and this is what I came up with for a side!
- 4 cups cauliflower (about 1 large head chopped semi-fine in processor or by hand)
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- optional add in vegetables, asparagus, peas, red pepper, mushrooms, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam cauliflower on stove top or in microwave until desired softness is reached. (Not too soft!).
- Meanwhile, in the bottom of a heavy pot, saute onion until just starting to brown.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 more seconds.
- Pour chicken broth over saute and add Neufchatel cheese. Heat until cheese is completely melted.
- Add steamed cauliflower to creamy sauce and mix to combine.
- Salt to taste.
- At the end you can add any other steamed veggies of your choosing!