1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Red Lentil & Ginger Soup
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Inspired from a recipe in La Dolce Vegan cookbook. This week I cought a cold and desperately wanted to make some home made soup. I flipped to this recipe in the book, and had all the ingredients on hand! I love when that happens. So, I upped the spice a bit, added a cup and 1/2 more broth than originally called for, as well as some spinach too, just because... The original spices are listed below. Because I added more liquid, I also added a tbsp of Sharon123 homemade vegan chicken seasoning, as well as a few grinds of the Mccormick spice grinder blend Mediterranean Fusion which contains salt, pepper, chili, garlic and cumin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a medium soup pot on medium heat, sauté the onions in oil until translucent.
- 2Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, red pepper, and turmeric and sauté for 2 minutes; stir constantly to avoid sticking.
- 3Add the stock, cauliflower, tomatoes, and lentils.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- 5Cover with lid and simmer for 1 minutes or until veggies and lentils are cooked.
- 6Stir in the cilantro and salt, remove from heat, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Red Lentil & Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: