Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Included in our CSA box notes via Paleo Cupboard September 2013
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced (read *Note below)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup water (carnivores can sub chicken broth if desired) or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth (carnivores can sub chicken broth if desired)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Grate the cauliflower or PULSE in a food processor until the cauliflower resembles rice grains. *Note: I finely minced the onion with the cauliflower.
- Heat coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, stir well.
- Add the water or vegetable broth, sea salt and pepper. Sautè for about 5 minutes until cauliflower is slightly tender.
- Place cauliflower in serving bowl and top with chopped parsley (optional).
- Serve hot.
This was good and a different way to cook cauliflower. A little bland, so added Rustic seasoning to it, yum! Thanks!