Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This also works well with broccoli which turns out slightly firmer. quinoa is high in protein so this meal makes a balaned meal for vegetarians. For a tasty variation add some crumbled feta before serving.
- 150 ml quinoa
- 100 ml orange juice
- 250 g cauliflower florets
- 100 g fresh peas or 100 g frozen peas
- 100 g French beans, trimmed
- 2 ripe pears
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 200ml water to the boil. Add quinoa and orange juice. Season and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- In another pan, cook the cauliflower in boiling salted water for 4 mins, now add peas and beans and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- drain and refresh in cold water.
- mix the mustard, oil and vinegar together.
- slice the pear.
- Toss everything together in a bowl and garnish with parsley if desired.