Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple low carb potato substitute. You will be amazed how good this is. From Gourmet Jan. 2002.
- 1⁄2 lb cauliflower floret, chopped (about 2 2/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Simmer cauliflower, garlic, broth, and salt in a small saucepan, covered, until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Purée mixture with cream and butter in a food processor until smooth, or mash with a potato masher or a fork.
It's always great to find new ways to prepare veggies. This was a great, and surprisingly rich, dish. I would definitely make this again but would use less broth to thicken the dish up. Although the cream and butter make this dish more dynamic, I would perhaps use no/less cream and butter to reduce the fat content.