Recipe by Latchy
This is a lovely way to have cauliflower, particularly for people who say they don't like it. Quick, as it is cooked in the microwave.
Top Review by Rita~
I used one head cauliflower. For the cheese I used mozzerella and romano. I did use the anchovies(love them). As for the chili I used one small dried chili. Microwaving the oil mixture for 3 minutes was quite impossible because it just wanted to splatter all over. So I added the rest of the sauce ingredients and cooked covered with plastic with escape steam holes. As you see in the 2 picture one is microwaved and the other I put under the broil the brown. As for micorwave recipes this is very good. It had a nice spicy kick to it with a background of anchovies that I picked up on. As my DH didn`t because he wouldn`t have eaten it!Thanks for posting this easy recipe with a lot of tatse.
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 cup grated cheese, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed (optional)
- 1 red chile, chopped finely
- 325 g canned tomatoes, reserving all juice in can
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cauliflower in a shallow microwave dish, cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes.
- To make sauce, in a microwave-safe jug combine oil, garlic, onion, chili and anchovy if using.
- Cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and marjoram, Cook on high 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower; sprinkle with cheese and cook on high for 1 minute.