1/8 Photos of Cauliflower Popcorn - Roasted Cauliflower
1 hr 10 mins
This is based on the recipe by Bob Blumer from the "Surreal Gourmet Bites" cookbook. This simple caramelization method transforms this much maligned veggie into a knock-your-socks-off side dish or sweet snack that you won't be able to get enough of!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about the size of ping-pong balls.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy cleanup (you can skip that, if you don't have any) then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown.
- 5(The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they'll taste).
- 6Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 7Where I got it: I originally heard about this recipe at Gail's Recipe Swap, where Josh posted it and many folks tried and loved it.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Popcorn - Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 625.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g