This is based on the recipe by Bob Blumer from the "Surreal Gourmet Bites" cookbook. This simple caramelization method transforms this much maligned veggie into a knock-your-socks-off side dish or sweet snack that you won't be able to get enough of!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about the size of ping-pong balls.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy cleanup (you can skip that, if you don't have any) then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown.
- (The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they'll taste).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Where I got it: I originally heard about this recipe at Gail's Recipe Swap, where Josh posted it and many folks tried and loved it.