Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are "South Beaching" it this will help you with your pizza cravings
- 9.85 ml garbanzo flour
- 236.59 ml cauliflower, cooked, riced
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2.46 ml parsley
- 2.46 ml oregano
- pizza sauce
- Pre heat oven to 450.
- spray a cookie sheet w/ non stick spray.
- Mix the cauliflower, flour, egg and cheese.
- Press into pan in a round shape.
- Sprinkle on the herbs.
- Bake 12- 15 minutes (15-20 if you double the recipe).
- Remove from oven add sauce and toppings (sausage, veggies etc).
- Bake until cheese melts.
I will not lie - this is not the same as a regular pizza crust, but it is much better than any other "low carb" crust I've ever tried, which has been quite a few. I have found that it is better to use this with non-traditional pizza toppings. My favorite is what I call Chicken Caesar Pizza. Spread the pre-baked crust with Ranch dressing, then add toppings of your choice. I use chopped chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, slivered red onions, pine nuts, Kalamata olives, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Then bake until the cheese melts.
This recipe is amazing. I almost cant even tell the difference between this and regular crust, except the fact that its easier to eat with a fork. My very picky eater husband loved it! Is definately a redo every friday pizza night!