Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are "South Beaching" it this will help you with your pizza cravings
Make and share this Cauliflower Pizza Crust (South Beach Diet) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons garbanzo flour
- 1 cup cauliflower, cooked, riced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- pizza sauce
- Pre heat oven to 450.
- spray a cookie sheet w/ non stick spray.
- Mix the cauliflower, flour, egg and cheese.
- Press into pan in a round shape.
- Sprinkle on the herbs.
- Bake 12- 15 minutes (15-20 if you double the recipe).
- Remove from oven add sauce and toppings (sausage, veggies etc).
- Bake until cheese melts.
I will not lie - this is not the same as a regular pizza crust, but it is much better than any other "low carb" crust I've ever tried, which has been quite a few. I have found that it is better to use this with non-traditional pizza toppings. My favorite is what I call Chicken Caesar Pizza. Spread the pre-baked crust with Ranch dressing, then add toppings of your choice. I use chopped chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, slivered red onions, pine nuts, Kalamata olives, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Then bake until the cheese melts.
This recipe is amazing. I almost cant even tell the difference between this and regular crust, except the fact that its easier to eat with a fork. My very picky eater husband loved it! Is definately a redo every friday pizza night!