Guilt-free pizza? Yes! This recipe makes one 12-inch pizza which is enough for 1 or 2. The timing remains the same for both microwaving or baking even if you make more or less of the recipe. Once the crust is done, you can top it with whatever you choose. In the photos I used a thick tomato sauce, thinly sliced salami, thin sliced peppers and onions, black olives, feta, and fresh herbs. Any toppings that need cooking should be cooked ahead of time (while the crust is baking) because it only gets run through the broiler to warm and/or melt the cheese (mozzarella will melt better). To rice the cauliflower: Cut off the florets from a head of fresh cauliflower and pulse in a food processor. Do not over-process or you will get a puree. You can also grate the cauliflower on a box grater.
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced as per Recipe Description (1/3 head)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (use your judgement depending on how salty your cheese is) (optional)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; spray cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rice the cauliflower according to the Recipe Description and place in a microwave safe bowl; microwave for 8 minutes (does not need additional water since the cauliflower itself produces enough).
- Be careful removing from microwave as the bowl will be very hot; stir in grated cheese and egg.
- Add oregano, garlic, and salt (if using) and mix well to combine.
- Form cauliflower mixture into a 12-inch round; bake until golden and lightly browned in places, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top as desired.
- Set oven to broil; place pizza on top rack just to warm toppings and/or melt cheese, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice into quarters and serve.