1/3 Photos of Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Guilt-free pizza? Yes! This recipe makes one 12-inch pizza which is enough for 1 or 2. The timing remains the same for both microwaving or baking even if you make more or less of the recipe. Once the crust is done, you can top it with whatever you choose. In the photos I used a thick tomato sauce, thinly sliced salami, thin sliced peppers and onions, black olives, feta, and fresh herbs. Any toppings that need cooking should be cooked ahead of time (while the crust is baking) because it only gets run through the broiler to warm and/or melt the cheese (mozzarella will melt better). To rice the cauliflower: Cut off the florets from a head of fresh cauliflower and pulse in a food processor. Do not over-process or you will get a puree. You can also grate the cauliflower on a box grater.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced as per Recipe Description (1/3 head)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (use your judgement depending on how salty your cheese is) (optional)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; spray cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Rice the cauliflower according to the Recipe Description and place in a microwave safe bowl; microwave for 8 minutes (does not need additional water since the cauliflower itself produces enough).
- 3Be careful removing from microwave as the bowl will be very hot; stir in grated cheese and egg.
- 4Add oregano, garlic, and salt (if using) and mix well to combine.
- 5Form cauliflower mixture into a 12-inch round; bake until golden and lightly browned in places, about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and top as desired.
- 7Set oven to broil; place pizza on top rack just to warm toppings and/or melt cheese, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Slice into quarters and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.4
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 285.3 mg
- Sodium 311.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g