Recipe by marybeth
Great pie, similiar to the traditional quiches, even a real man will eat this one!!
Top Review by Malriah
The flavor of the filling was really good! I did make two tiny changes. The first was I added some chopped garlic because we love garlic. The second was instead of boiling then draining the cauliflower, I just cut it smaller and sauteed it with the onions and garlic. The only reason I gave it 3 stars and not 4 is because the crust, although good around the edges, was kind of mushy on the bottom. I think I will make this again but with a regular pie crust. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 package crescent roll
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 inch thick slice American cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower (break up into medium size flowerets)
- salt, & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a Large saucepan, cook onions until softened.
- Add cauliflower pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with water.
- Boil until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Arrange crescent rolls in pie pan, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Place cauliflower in shell, with stem ends facing down.
- Sprinkle cheese over pie.
- Mix eggs and milk together, season to taste again.
- Pour over cauliflower.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until set.