Recipe by PanNan
This kosher recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon. The source is the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook - Traditional Recipes from Contemporary Kosher Kitchen - this contribution was from Marc Schwartz, New Haven Hadassah in Connecticut.
- 1 large white cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 F and oil a 9 inch pie plate.
- Separate cauliflower florets and discard the core. Add florets to large pot of boiling salted water. Boil about 15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in large skillet, and add garlic. Cook over low heat about 1 minute, making sure that garlic doesn't burn. Add mashed cauliflower, salt and pepper (to taste), to the garlic in the skillet. Raise heat to high, and stir mixture until the moisture evaporates. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir eggs and flour into cooled cauliflower mixture, and spread evenly into pie plate. Sprinkle top with remaining oil. Bake 30 minutes, until the top just starts to brown.