Recipe by falling.star291
This recipe is so good! It's from wailana yoga, and this recipe will win the hearts of all! try it!
- 1 cup fresh cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, juice**
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon eggless vegetarian mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the cashew milk as directed below and set aside. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat and sauté the cauliflower until lightly browned. Add a little water and cook until tender.
- Stir in the cashew milk and the next 6 filling ingredients and gently simmer for a few minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Cool before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Combine the dry pastry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the oil and eggless mayonnaise and rub in until evenly crumbly. Gradually add enough water to make a soft ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. On a floured work surface, roll the pieces out into thin circles about 1/16 inch thick. Spoon 1/8 of the filling onto one side of each pastry, leaving room to seal.
- Fold the other side over the filling. Seal by fork-pressing the edges evenly. Prick the tops and lay the pastries on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Makes 8 half moon pastries.
- *Cashew milk: Blend 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces with 1 cup hot water until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer.
- **To make fresh ginger juice, simply grate some fresh ginger, then manually squeeze the pulp.