Chef #948542's Note:
This recipe is so good! It's from wailana yoga, and this recipe will win the hearts of all! try it!
My Private Note
half mo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, juice**
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- 1Prepare the cashew milk as directed below and set aside. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat and sauté the cauliflower until lightly browned. Add a little water and cook until tender.
- 2Stir in the cashew milk and the next 6 filling ingredients and gently simmer for a few minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Cool before using.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350°F Combine the dry pastry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the oil and eggless mayonnaise and rub in until evenly crumbly. Gradually add enough water to make a soft ball.
- 4Divide the dough into 8 pieces. On a floured work surface, roll the pieces out into thin circles about 1/16 inch thick. Spoon 1/8 of the filling onto one side of each pastry, leaving room to seal.
- 5Fold the other side over the filling. Seal by fork-pressing the edges evenly. Prick the tops and lay the pastries on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 6Makes 8 half moon pastries.
- 7*Cashew milk: Blend 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces with 1 cup hot water until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer.
- 8**To make fresh ginger juice, simply grate some fresh ginger, then manually squeeze the pulp.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 93.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Braggs liquid aminos
powdered egg substitute