Got this from the Rachael Ray Show. I made it for dinner right away and it was amazing! She made it with Romanesco Broccoli, but I couldn't find that, so I used Cauliflower. She also said you could use regular broccoli, but I haven't tried that yet. Rachael says this serves 4, but in our house a full pound of pasta easily serves 6-8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
- 2Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add onions and garlic to pan, and season with salt, pepper and bay. Stir and cook 8-10 minutes to soften.
- 3Add wine to the pan, stir 1 minute then add stock.
- 4Arrange cauliflower over onions and add crushed red pepper, lemon zest and rosemary to the pan.
- 5Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don't want the cauliflower too mushy.
- 6Drop pasta in boiling water after vegetables have been cooking 3-4 minutes. Cook pasta to al dente.
- 7Add ladleful of starchy pasta cooking water to the vegetables.
- 8Drain pasta and toss it into the pot with sauce. Stir in ricotta cheese, thyme and grated Pecorino. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 9Serve pasta in shallow bowls.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Pasta With Ricotta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 24.2 g