Chef Emstar's Note:
This is a very tasty replacement for mashed potatoes. My boyfriend was absolutely shocked when I told him what the ingredients were and then he asked for seconds. He even commented that he guessed that giving up mashed potatoes would be ok with him if he could have this instead. Oh, did I mention that he's a meat & potato man from Texas? High praise, indeed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the parsnips and chop into even sized chunks. Put in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Boil for 10mins and add the cauliflower.
- 3Cook for 10 more minutes.
- 4In the meantime, sauté the onion and garlic in a small pat of butter until they are translucent.
- 5Drain the cauliflower and parsnips and put into a blender.
- 6Add the onion and garlic, remaining butter, horseradish and milk to the blender.
- 7Puree until smooth. If it's too thick add a bit more milk.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9If it needs more zip add a bit more horseradish.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower & Parsnip Puree
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 59.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g