Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an absolutely amazing cauliflower side dish! It can really pass for a main dish, it's very filling. No need to pre cook the cauliflower.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, mixed with
- seasoning salt, and
- pepper, and
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into small equal size florets (about 3 pounds)
- 3 -4 cups chunky marinara sauce (can use homemade or a 26 ounce jar)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 2-3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs on the bottom of the dish.
- Place half of the cauliflower florets on top of the bread crumbs.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce over the florets.
- Sprinkle half of the mozza cheese and remaining bread crumbs over sauce.
- Repeat the layering (ending with the mozza cheese).
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven uncovered and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the florets are soft and the Parmesan cheese is golden brown.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
What a brilliant idea for comfort food. Be sure to use a good quality marinara sauce as it really comes through in the dish. Served mine with buttered garlic bread. Yum. Thanks, Kittencal. [Made for Name That Ingredient.]
This was a big hit with my BF. He though it was a very creative and tasty way to prepare the humble cauliflower. Thank you.
Love this!! made it for my 16 month old and she loved it...what else can I say!? All I did differently was add a little spinach and serve it over pasta. Pretty close to perfect recipe! Thanks, once again, Kittencal!