1 hr 5 mins
This is an absolutely amazing cauliflower side dish! It can really pass for a main dish, it's very filling. No need to pre cook the cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, mixed with
- seasoning salt, and
- pepper, and
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into small equal size florets (about 3 pounds)
- 3 -4 cups chunky marinara sauce (can use homemade or a 26 ounce jar)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle about 2-3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs on the bottom of the dish.
- 4Place half of the cauliflower florets on top of the bread crumbs.
- 5Pour 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce over the florets.
- 6Sprinkle half of the mozza cheese and remaining bread crumbs over sauce.
- 7Repeat the layering (ending with the mozza cheese).
- 8Cover with foil.
- 9Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 10Remove foil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 11Return to oven uncovered and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the florets are soft and the Parmesan cheese is golden brown.
- 12Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Parmigiana Bake
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 831.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g