This is from the "moosewood restaurant cooks at home" and I decided to post it since it was such a big hit with my husband who usually avoids cauliflower. Serve with egg noodles or spatzle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a large soup pan, saute the onions and peppers in oil for 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in the paprika, sherry and water.
- 3Cook on high for a minute.
- 4Add the mushrooms and pinch of salt.
- 5Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Mix in the florets and simmer until the cauliflower is tender but still firm- about 7 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Cover the paprikash and keep warm until ready to serve but do not allow it to simmer or it may curdle.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g