Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe for this salad was found in the 2004 cookbook, Raw Food for Busy People. Preparation time does not include the 3 hours needed for the salad to marinate!
- 473.18 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml broccoli, chopped (or green beans)
- 354.88 ml mandarin orange segments
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 2.46 ml orange zest
- 0.25 ml salt (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml pepper (or to taste)
- In a covered bowl, toss all ingredients & allow to marinate EITHER for 3 hours at room temperature, stirring often.
- Divide into 2 serving bowls & ENJOY!
Love the light dressing that lets the veggies shine! I made ours with maple syrup. I let it sit on kitchen counter to marinate-am a tad confused with the directions concerning that. This would be a nice picnic item-no mayo. I agree with a previous reviewer that this serves 4 if used as a side which would change the NF. Thank you SydneyMike for a beautiful, flavorful salad.
Fresh flavour! I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Like another reviewer I am not a fan of raw cauliflower but the fresh dressing made it good! I used the maple syrup option and navel orange instead of mandarin. I also used the green beans (frozen) rather than broccoli out of preference and orange bell pepper as it was what I had on hand. It does make way more than 2 servings. Made for 1.2.3 Hit Wonders Tag.
Thanks for sharing. The taste of this wasn't what I was expecting. I loved it. I am not big on raw cauliflower or broccoli, but the orange with the lemon dressing was great. The only thing I did different was no honey (1/2 package of splenda) and I used 2 whole navel oranges sectioned instead of mandarin oranges. My DH wants to have it again so I'm pleased with it. Have sent the recipe to several friends. I liked the way it tasted when it was first make, and when it had sat over night. We get a lot more than 2 servings from this. Thanks again.